|| CatTrack I - GPS Position Logger Product Information
Product information for CatTrack I GPS Position Logger
Trace your cat's ways and find out how far it walked, where it got food and where it spent the night. In conjunction with the CatCam the ultimate tool to get in touch with you pets life.
This amazing tiny device carries a lot of high technology inside. The small size (4.4 x 2.7 x 1.3cm / 1.7 x 1 x 0.5 inch) and low weight (22 Gramms / 0.77 oz) may lead you to an other conclusion, but the device contains a Sirf III GPS Receiver, patch antenna, Li-Ion rechargeable battery, memory for storing position information and USB interface.
The device supports manual and automatic position logging. The automatic position recording interval can be adjusted. The runtime depends on this interval. If a position is captured each 30 seconds, the device will operate for approx. 30 hours. Captured position data are displayed directly on a Google Earth map.
The GPS Logger is equipped with 2 LED lights to show the device status and operation. The lights can be disabled by software so that the GPS device will draw no attention when mounted to a cat.
The device enclosure is water proof. The device comes with a silicon rubber frame that allows the mounting to a collar and provides additional shock protection. We will also include a small chain that additionally secures the device to the collar if the rubber frame can not withstand applied forces.
Note: It is recommended to use a harness instead of a single collar to ensure that the GPS antenna points toward the sky for best reception.
This GPS logger can also be used as photo position logger (based on the time the pictures are made, the logger correlates the geographic position) and as a GPS receiver for navigation purpose.
Note: The CatCam is not providing an individual date/time for its photos. Therefore the photo position feature of the GPS device is not working with CatCam pictures.
Note: The CatTrack1 does not work with Mac. Driver for Window 7 available.
- Interface for data exchange and charging: USB 1.1
- GPS chipset: Sirf 3
- Antenna: Build-in patch antenna
- Battery capacity: 230mA (runtime approx 30 hours with a 30s interval time)
- Accuracy: 5-10m, depends on signal strength (position jitter is expected in low satellite signal reception conditions)
- Position acquisition: cold start <60s, warm start <38s
- Position logging interval time: 1s - 60 minutes
- Storage capacity: up to 64000 waypoints
- Operation temperature: -10 to +50 degrees centigrade
- Export data format: GPX, CSV (Excel)
- Recorded Data: Time, Position, Speed, Height, Direction
Comes with: GPS Logger unit, USB cable, Windows software (multilingual), silicon rubber frame, additional securing chain.
Support: How the CatTracker works, User Manual